Whether you’re an experienced angler or just getting started, fishing in Riviera Maya is a great way to spend a weekend. Here are some tips for the best fishing trips in this beautiful area of Mexico:
1. Decide where you want to fish. There are many great spots to find fish in Riviera Maya, but some of the best fishing is found close to the coast. Try fishing around Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, or Tulum. Look at this site for more information about fishing trips in riviera maya.
2. Plan your trip around the best weather conditions. The best time to fish in Riviera Maya is during the hotter months (May-October), but be prepared for cooler temperatures at night.
3. Bring the right gear. You don’t need a lot of gear to enjoy a good fishing trip in Riviera Maya, but make sure you bring some wet clothes and insect repellent. And definitely pack a tackle box.
4. Be careful with the guides and the boats. Most of the fishing trips in Riviera Maya are organized by local fishermen and all you have to do is pay a small fee (around $10 per person) to be transported on their boat. This means that there is a chance that you will be taken out to deeper waters which are known for more aggressive fish, but you can always ask for help if this happens.
5. Watch where you step! Make sure you don’t accidentally step on any coral or fish eggs when wading.
You can use this information to educate your friends and family about what should be done when visiting an island and ensure that everyone is having a safe time.