While many of the duties related to chimney maintenance and installation must be handled by a licensed chimney expert There are a few things homeowners can do to make sure that they're satisfied with their chimneys.
Strategies for Chimney Installation:- There are two major aspects to think about prior to constructing a chimney. First is a place for your fireplace. The second is the kind of material that will be used to construct chimney components products.
Image Source: Google
It's your responsibility as the homeowner to choose where you would like your fireplace to be. But, it is important to be aware that your chimney will be right above your fireplace and shouldn't interfere with the structure of your house.
When is the best time to schedule an inspection?
After your chimney is installed, maintaining it is crucial for your health as well as your home. Chimney experts suggest inspecting your chimney at least every year, however, if you live in an area that is prone to extreme weather conditions or utilize your fireplace most of the time, biannual inspections are recommended. Also, you should inspect your chimney for the following reasons:
* If you find smoke in your home
* Prior to every heating season, usually towards the beginning or the end of summer; of fall
* Prior to buying a house;
* If you've experienced an incident with a fireplace or chimney;
* If lightning strikes your home,
* If a plant or object has struck your chimney
* As soon as you have completed a roof replacement.